Thursday, August 08, 2002

Having wrestled with my childish urge to pout at delaying getting to see Matt directly after he finishes his last class for the summer session, I have a plan: Tonight I am going to inflict my utter lack of artistic merit on a penguin themed, candy-covered farewell cake for a girl named Pinguino. Yes, she actually changed her name.

Ping is one of the assistant instructors at karate, and is moving away this weekend...wagh...I didn't get a chance to get to know her well enough. To make up for it Bob and I are going to spend this evening playing with candy and frosting that we might present her with a cake to end all cakes tomorrow.

She's involved with flippersmack [>] among other things. I hope someday I can be as good at karate as she is, though I'll never have the waist length black pigtails for the cool whiplash effect. Waist length blonde pigtails just aren't quite as cool somehow.

THEN I'll go see Matt and exchange my tale of a first counselling session for the latest episode in the saga of Lump Does San Diegoand help him plan what to do with all the free evening for the next three weeks, while he's without school.

No comments: