Monday, December 06, 2004

Organising Property Tax With A Champagne Hangover

This is not an activity I would usually recommend attempting with any kind of hangover, but if you're a procrastinating, important-document-losing, out-of-sight-out-of-mind person like me...you end up going through your filing drawers at 6.45 in the morning wondering why the weather report on TV is so damn LOUD, and trying to figure out why reading numbers on a supplementary tax statement is such a huge feat of concentration.

That's when I realized I was hungover and reached for the coffee. (Starbucks' Holiday Blend is nowhere near as good as Peet's Holiday Blend by the way.)

Turning down the volume on the TV also helped. Then all I had to do was find out how much the mortgage company thought it had to pay, and compare that with our actual tax bill. Unfortunately the numbers didn't match, so Matt got a panicked voicemail to call me back and get the neccesary stuff to call and fix it.

Not the most auspicious start to the week. At least the hangover took a hike after coffee and breakfast kicked in.

No comments: