Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Belated year in review meme

1. Will you be looking for a new job? Weirdly, yes, possibly. I might end up not having to, and I might have one (or two) already lined up, but most likely my work situation will change this year. This is only just sinking in for me though.

2. Will you be looking for a new relationship? No. Well, I'd like to have a new and improved relationship with my body and health.

3. New house? I'm ALWAYS looking for a new house, I inherited my Mother's real estate lust. Not seriously looking though.

4. What will you do different in '07? I'm not sure, I think I have been figuring out pretty good approaches to stuff, I don't want much very different, just more continuation of the good trends, dropping off of any bad trends.

5. New Years resolution? The usual repeat of "get into regular exercise routine", and a more serious take on last year's "get into graduate school".

6. What will you not be doing in '07? Getting cancer. Having surgery and general anaesthesia (I hope).

7. Any trips planned? Scotland in August baby. I hope Virgin Atlantic sets aside some nice price deals for me.

8. Wedding plans? Might be attending two, if they happen this year, no dates are set.

9. Major thing on your calendar? Class registration deadline for this semester, FIFTH ANNIVERSARY of meeting my husband, Application deadline for MPH program. June may or may not be a big fat mess.

10. What can't you wait for? The world to change for me. (It will never happen: I have to change my perception)

11. What would you like to see happen different? Shouldn't that be differently?

12. What about yourself will you be changing? Depression. Fears of pursuing further education, fears of inadequacy in my career.

13. What happened in 06 that you didn't think would ever happen? I got melanoma, I never really thought that would happen, but I feared it would. I developed a strong wish to be able to hide my face from the world. I survived.

14. Will you be nicer to the people you care about? I hope so. Not just "nice" either, warm and loving and the bringer of cookies and sympathy.

15. Will you dress differently this year than you did in 06? Probably not. I might get different coloured sneakers.

16. Will you start or quit drinking? Caffeine, quite likely. Alcohol? No. We nave nice wines laid down.

17. Will you better your relationship with your family? I hope so.

18. Will you do charity work? I probably won't, that's a few New Year's Resolutions down the line I think.

19. Will you go to bars? Not a lot, most likely only restaurants, and maybe some pubs in Scotland.

20. Will you be nice to people you don't know? Yes. Unless they are molesting me. Subway ass grabber don't deserve politeness.

21. Do you expect 07 to be a good year for you? Yes. I'm not sure I've really had a bad year, not totally so. Even when most depressed.

22. How much did you change from this time last year till now? Immensely. Not at all.

23. Do you plan on having a child? Not this year.

24. Will you still be friends with the same people you are friends with now? Yes, I'm blessed with a gaggle of great friends.

25. Major lifestyle changes? I would like to continue making smallish changes that all add up to "major" change, I'm not intending to initiate any major changes by themselves, though by the end of the year I'll know if 2008 will see me become a grad student.

26. Will you be moving? I hope not!

27. What will you make sure doesn't happen in 07 that happened in 06? Pressing myself unrealistically fast with plans for grad school, failing to take the GRE.

28. What are your New Years Eve plans? (This is a bit late I suppose) I spent the evening with friends, alternating between my flat, and my neighbor's. Mostly we were at their place, that's where the alcohol was.

29. Will you have someone to kiss at midnight? I did. My husband. And a few other people, but they didn't get any tongue.

30. One wish for 07? Health and stability. Or does that count as two? Stability then.

No comments: