Monday, January 14, 2002

The pool is very nice, kept at just the right temperature to encourage you to keep moving without inducing hypothermia and ranging from 3-1/2 to a spectacular 4-1/2 feet deep. It's also a good thought that I'm not paying directly for that heating bill, it's included in my rent and split between everyone else in the complex. It is a little disconcerting to think that half the apartments in the building look out over the pool. Potentially making little ol' me their evening entertainment. Don't look up. Well...do look up, but focus on the square of starry sky, not the looming balconies.

I was imagining a Jimmy Stewart type in a wheelchair overlooking my regular exercise and tutting to himself when I only did 10 laps instead of 20 or more like I should. Or commenting to his no-nonsense middle aged physio on my *ahem* boyancy

I watch way too much Hitchcock.

No comments: