Wednesday, March 13, 2002

I'm going quietly nuts. This really shouldn't bother me any more but it does. Loki's got a court date today for being caught driving an uninsured, unregistered vehicle with his liscence revoked a few years ago. It was revoked a few years ago that is, he was caught driving more recently. Oh, and it was revoked becasue he was caught driving with no insurance.

When I mentioned this to the other faeries they blithely stated that he was going to go to jail. Probably directly from the courthouse. It might actually be the best thing that can happen to him, but I doubt it. I find myself worrying about him not having his affairs in order, or any of his things packed up for long term storage. He'll lose every possesion, and no-one will look after Kit. She'll be fine, she'll find someone to feed her, but no matter how much he used me I don't want him to lose everything again, he lost so much when he was homeless.

There's nothing I can do. I feel like I invested so much in him, not just financially, and it made it easier to deal with that I saw some evidence of him doing somewhat better than he was when I first met him. Actually managing to find a new, cheaper place and so forth, not letting himself end up homeless (again). This could be an entirely selfish worry that I don't want to be someone who's ex is in jail. I'm sure that is a factor, but it pains me so much to see people waste themselves, and he truly has. Any charges that can be brought against him are things he had complete control over whether he did them or not. That should make it easier to get over, but it makes it harder. It's frustrating, to see someone I know is not stupid make such stupid short-sighted choices.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see. If he skips the court date then I can just be mad at him for being an idiot again. Why doesn't that sound like a happy alternative any more?

No comments: