Monday, November 05, 2012

Resorting to the prompts

It only took me 4 days to run out of things to say. NaBloPoMo prompts to the rescue!

What are your thoughts about tomorrow's election in the United States? 

My thoughts on tomorrow's election are that I really bloody well hope that Barack Obama is re-elected. The current Republican stances on many things frankly terrify me. Especially as a woman of childbearing age. They would have me die of eclampsia rather than have a late-term termination. How nice of them.

My views on elections in general are that I like them. I have voted since I turned 18, first in the UK then here in California. I'm still getting familiar with the system here and I end up leaving no vote for local things like education board supervisor positions because I have no clue who the candidatesa re and what policies they advocate. It's hard to find concrete information because all of the candidates say "I will improve things!" but I want to know what that improved school system or local city council will look like after said improvement. What if said improvements are actually thing I consider worse than the status quo? How will these improvements be brought about?

My favourite part of elections is sitting with Matt and looking up the California propositions. It takes a few hours of homework to prepare for a general election!

No comments: