Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Whew.

A happy result for the election last night! Plus record-breaking numbers of women in senate.

On a lighter note, I got buzzed by a hummingbird this morning as I left for work. I heard a familiar bzzzzzzzzt of little wings as it zoomed over from our neighbor's tree to investigate a hummingbird-attractant plant I added to our front patio over the weekend, but stopped and hovered a little behind the plant and stared at me for  a moment before zooming back to it's perch in the tree. After I walked by it came back and thoroughly checked out every flower on the plant. I guess it really does attract hummingbirds, that's the first I've seen since we moved. I shall have to get a couple more of these plants and put them near windows the cats sit in so they can be entertained by the birdie action.

I'm afraid I can't remember the name of the plant, but the flowers look like pink broom, and it's a low shrubby type thing suitable for full sun and arid climate and must not be fed/fertilized. Perfect for some of our rockier patches of ground.

No comments: